How to Access Google Chrome Browser on Roku TV
Since its debut in 2009, Chrome has quickly become one of the most well-known and extensively adopted web browsers available. This internet browser from Google is incredibly straightforward and simple to operate. It provides you with improved search results in addition to making your searches more secure with Google Chrome on Roku.
Additionally, Chrome enables several users to log in at the same time without revealing their browsing history or revealing any other personally identifiable information. In addition, Chrome provides access to all of its fundamental features, including as bookmarks, themes, and an anonymous browsing mode. First and foremost, Chrome is supported on a wide variety of devices. Now that we have that sorted out, let’s look.
How to install Google Chrome on Roku.
Chrome Streaming on Roku
Chrome is a versatile web browser that enables users to save significant websites in their bookmarks. This facilitates simpler access to them at a later time. The user interface of the program is straightforward, and it can be customized to include a variety of vivid themes. For your convenience, it displays both the history of your browsing and the history of your downloads. You may cast tabs from Chrome on one device to another, which is one of the many useful capabilities of the Chrome web browser. In order to access Chrome using Roku, we are going to make use of this feature that Chrome offers.
Roku does not currently support Chrome. Therefore, you will need to use the screen mirroring feature of Chrome on one of the compatible devices, such as an Android or iOS device or a personal computer. In order to accomplish it, the prerequisite conditions listed below need to be satisfied.
- Settings > System > Screen mirroring > Screen mirroring mode > Prompt or Always Allow is where you’ll find the option to enable screen mirroring on your Roku.
- Simply navigate to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings on your Roku device to activate AirPlay. Scroll down until you find AirPlay, and then activate it.
- Join the same wifi network on your Android or iOS smartphone, as well as your own computer or Roku.
Screen Mirroring from Android Devices Using Google Chrome on Roku
- Launch the Chrome browser on your Android device if it came pre-installed with the operating system. If that isn’t an option for you, you can download the Chrome app from the Google Play Store.
- If it’s needed of you, accept the terms and conditions.
- After that, drag the Notification Panel down until you find the Cast symbol, and then tap it.
- Your Android device will now look for other devices in the immediate area. You may then select your Roku device from there.
- After that, return to the Chrome browser and mirror it to Roku using the controls there.
Note: If the screen mirroring feature that comes pre-installed on your Android device is not adequately optimized, you can check out the top screen mirroring app for Android devices that connect to Roku.
Mirroring the display of Google Chrome on an iOS device using Roku
- First, bring down the Control Center, and then look for the icon that looks like a mirror.
- Select your Roku device from the list that appears once you select the Screen Mirroring icon.
- On your iOS device, input the AirPlay passcode that is displayed on the screen of your television, and then hit the OK button.
- The display of your iOS iPhone is going to be reflected on your Roku presently.
- Launch the Chrome web browser on your Apple iOS device now.
- You must first agree to the terms and conditions before you can mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirroring on Roku Using Google Chrome on Your Personal Computer
- Get the installer file for Google Chrome on your personal computer.
- Next, launch the Google Chrome installer file and proceed with the installation of the Google Chrome application by according to the on-screen prompts.
- After the Google Chrome app has been installed, start using it.
- After that, navigate to the upper right corner of the screen and select the icon labeled “Action Center.”
- Choose your Roku device from the list that appears in the new window once you have selected the Connect tile.
- You need to head back to the Chrome browser and configure Roku to mirror its content.
Questions That Are Typically Asked
1. Is there a web browser that can be used with the TCL Roku TV?
No, Roku does not come with any kind of web browser that can be used to browse the internet.
2. Is it possible to cast Chrome on Android to Roku?
There is a screen mirroring option available for the Google Chrome web browser on Android devices when connected to Roku.